This report identifies five action areas where securities regulators can contribute to a more stable and resilient financial system that better supports the SDGs. These are:
1. Facilitate investment to support the delivery of the SDGs: Aid investment flows to towards achieving the SDGs via financial products.
2. Strengthen corporate sustainability-related disclosures: Improve the quality and quantity of disclosure on environmental and social data
3. Clarify investor duties on sustainability: Guide investors on the integration of sustainability into their decisions
4. Strengthen corporate governance to support sustainability: Introduce board responsibilities related to environmental and social factors
5. Build market capacity and expertise on sustainability: Facilitate the training of market participants on sustainability topics.
These five areas provide the overarching structure for this report. For each, the report defines the issue, identifies the role that securities regulators might play and presents examples drawn from current practices of securities regulators around the world.
See the entire report here